Popular posts from this blog
Tektronix 4051 / 4052 / 4054 Computers
I got my first personal computer experience using a Tektronix 4051 vector graphics computer at my first job in the USAF in the late 1970s. I learned to write program in Tektronix 4050 BASIC and developed several programs for the USAF to automate high-speed training film data capture displaying the film on a large digitizing tablet and plotting the results to match a mainframe computer using used by our contractor to plot results on a Calcomp plotter. I also ported many game programs from magazines like Byte to the Tektronix 4051. I discovered through a tip from the Tektronix sales engineer how to call an assembly language program from Tektronix BASIC - and wrote a couple of assembly language programs to play music and draw text and graphics. After I retired (the first time - I'm back at work now) I purchased a Tektronix 4052 and a 4054 - see photo below. The 4052 came with a custom cabinet plus the hard copy unit. I purchased the 4054 for $17 AS-IS not working,...
More photos of my droid building hobby 😁 This photo includes Matt Denton, the electronics wizard behind "The Force Awakens" BB-8 animatronics in the middle. Matt Denton autograph on my BB-8 dome - plus his binary encoded BB8 signature I packed my R2-D2 and BB-8 in our Honda Fit for the trip to Celebration Orlando 2017 My R2-D2 and my BB-8 trapped with a net Proud builder with his droids The droid builders room had several great photo op booths Don't miss the Droid Races at the convention Sean Shaffer (my grandson), droid builder (I need to find his name), and Monty as 'Luke' at the convention. Cosplay 'Rey' with my BB-8 Young-ling Jedi with my BB-8 Houston Area Droid Builders - first meeting in summer of 2017 Houston Area Droid Builders - Facebook link

Comments